Thursday, March 5, 2009

Countdown

Only FOUR more days until the Student Union Auditorium is filled with people to hear about Chesterton...I hope.

Did you ever notice that the word Four has Four letters in it? Or that you can make a 4 from four sticks of equal length?

I don't know what Chesterton would say about the number four, but I bet it would be along the lines of

"Four men, and no women, are enough to form a club. For four is a crowd, and if there is a crowd, there is the possibility of speaking to nobody in particular, which is a necessary element of masculine conversation."

(If you don't understand that imaginary quote, you need to go read "What's Wrong with the World." And hurry. You have four days.)

Sorry, ladies, but I couldn't think of anything else Chestertonian relating to the number four.

2 comments:

Ancient Greek Philosopher said...

What's this? I thought you thought that women were superior? Oh wait, you are saying thay are, right?

Old Fashioned Liberal said...

All I definitely said was in that poem on Disciples of diotima. You want to know my position on the issue? Read it.