Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Idea Search

Please comment on what we should have and should not have at our table when Dale comes. You see, our organization will (or ought to have) a table in front of the door to the audiotorium. Here's some ideas to get you started.

Gilbert! magazine

A Gilbert! magazine subscription form

A UNL Chesterton Society membership form (all I need is name and e-mail)

A list of Chesterton e-resources

What's Wrong with the World (the book)

This might cost money, which might be a problem.

5 comments:

Dr. Thursday said...

Have a nice bigg wheel of cheese!

(Well,you asked for comments.)

I wish I could be there. It will be lots of fun.

Old Fashioned Liberal said...

Good idea.

Old Fashioned Liberal said...

Isn't there a special kind of cheese that Chestertonains are supposed to favor? Stilton?

Dr. Thursday said...

Speaking for myself, I favour just about any. I don't know that there is some "required" or "Chestertonian" type; I will look into this.

Yesm Stilton is an English cheese (one of the blues, and very good); so is Cheddar. You might check A Miscellany of Men for "The Poet and the Cheese", which will give you a nice little saga for your delight.

But even if you cannot have "bacon and beer" (which Belloc bellowed for) you ought to be able to have some form of cheese.

MrsF3 said...

Newman Center bookstore--run by Gloria Deo probably stocks a few Chesterton books. See if Fr. Matya would let them come out of the bookstore and to the Union for display at the talk. I could probably help handle the money end of that (if we actually sell any) since I know how it needs to be done since I handle the other end of it at Gloria Deo.